Blake Reeves combines the skills he developed as a trial lawyer with a broad knowledge of administrative law and health care regulations to represent health care clients in a variety of reimbursement disputes, government investigations, and administrative actions.
With over 15 years of health care litigation experience, Blake is able to advise clients on the legal implications of their day-to-day business operations in addition to advancing their business and legal interests in civil claims, regulatory investigations, and state agency disputes.
Blake focuses his practice on representing hospital systems, physicians, and other health care providers with industry-related litigation. His health care litigation practice focuses on federal and state regulatory, compliance, administrative litigation, Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement disputes, medical staff privilege hearings, medical staff credentialing, HIPAA compliance, health care information technology, professional licensure investigations and disciplinary action, and other hospital regulatory and compliance issues.
- Successfully represented a Kansas academic medical center in government agency hearings to recover substantial provider reimbursement claims for uninsured patients.
- Representation of health care providers, including hospitals, health care systems, and skilled nursing facilities in a range of matters related to Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement disputes, government investigations, and other compliance matters.
- Obtained full and unrestricted license for out-of-state obstetric physician despite multiple professional liability claims by demonstrating exceptional credentials and obtaining medical expert support for compliance with standard of care relating to prior malpractice claims.
- After a week-long jury trial, successfully defended a national hospital system in a multi-million dollar damages claim for professional liability.
- Representation of large health care system involving multiple litigation-related issues for acquisition of another regional hospital system.
- Successful litigation and mediation of multi-million dollar damages claim against trauma surgeon and national health care system for professional liability related to spine fracture and spinal cord injury.
- Representation of a large hospital system involving medical staff privilege hearing and related declaratory judgment action.
- Successful litigation and disposition of multi-million dollar damages claims for improper medical staff credentialing and privileging allegations relating to orthopedic surgeons performing complex spine surgery.
- Successful management of peer review regulatory board complaint and investigation of Missouri physician.
- Obtained declaratory relief for academic medical center involving high-risk obstetric procedures.
- Successfully litigated and obtained temporary injunctive relief on behalf of psychiatric treatment facility threatened by CMS termination notice of Medicare and Medicare Participation.
Medical staff insight, peer review analysis, and updates for health care organizations presented quarterly by the nation’s health care law firm of the year.1