Chris Mohart represents owners, design professionals, general contractors, subcontractors, and sureties. In this regard, Mr. Mohart has negotiated and drafted numerous contracts and handled a variety of claims relating to breach of contract, insurance coverage, design errors and omissions, bid protests, payment and performance bonds, mechanic’s liens, and an array of federal and state statutory violations.
As a litigator, Mr. Mohart has successfully represented clients in arbitration as well as state and federal courts, both at the trial and appellate levels. Clients appreciate Mr. Mohart’s counsel because of his committed service and value-oriented thinking, whether the task is considered small or large.
- Successfully procured title insurance coverage for an owner against a mechanic’s lien in excess of $10 million dollars.
- Obtained a dismissal ruling on behalf of an ENR Top 100 contractor, wherein the trial court held as follows: an architect could not state a claim for indemnity or contribution against the contractor for damages, which the architect sustained in a companion lawsuit with the project’s owner.
- Successfully represented an ENR Top 10 specialty contractor before the Occupational Safety and Health Administration in causing a serious violation to be removed.
- On behalf of an owner, drafted and negotiated contracts in excess of $20 million dollars for a senior residential facility.
- Following a four-day bench trial, obtained a verdict on behalf of a developer against a tenant for wrongful termination of a commercial lease.
- Assisted a contractor in reaching a global settlement with a subcontractor and the U.S. Department of Labor in a dispute concerning the False Claims Act and the Davis-Bacon Act.
- Successfully represented an ENR Top 100 specialty contractor in recovering several million dollars against a ENR Top 20 contractor for extras on a school building project.