David Goldberg has a broad background in real estate finance and has extensive experience working with the firm’s Loan Enforcement practice. He also works on loan origination matters (particularly CMBS lending, mezzanine finance and structured lending). David works with numerous special servicers and portfolio lenders, he develops and implements loan enforcement plans and workouts, and he supervises the negotiation and documentation of loan sale transactions, deed in lieu transactions, forbearance transactions, complex loan modifications, discounted payoff transactions, and receiver sales of real property. David’s work, as well as his client base, is national in scope and many of his clients are headquartered in New York City, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, Miami and San Francisco.
David’s goal is to provide legal services to clients that are creative, comprehensive and well-analyzed and that meet and exceed their expectations.
David regularly speaks to professional and industry trade groups on loan origination issues and loan enforcement and workout transactions and is active in both the Mortgage Bankers Association and Commercial Real Estate Finance Council.
- Enforcement and loan workout transactions involving retail, hotel, student housing, nursing home and multifamily properties in, among other states, Alabama, Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Texas, Washington and Wisconsin
- Closed and supervised the documentation of hundreds of CMBS loans in over 25 States with loan origination amounts ranging from approximately $5 million to $170 million
- Recent real estate loan workout or enforcement matters include the following projects:
- Shopping center in the suburbs of Chicago securing a $110 million loan
- Hotel in New York City securing an $80 million loan
- Large apartment complex (1,047 units) in St. Louis securing a $45 million loan
- Apartment complex in New York City securing a $31 million loan
- Hotel in Chicago securing a $200 million loan
- Coop apartment complex in New York City securing a $45 million loan
- Office complex in Austin securing a $65 million loan
Publications & Presentations
Commercial Real Estate Loan Workouts
Practicing Law Institute's Annual Commercial Real Estate Institute
Co-authors: Angela Taylor, Brett Anders and David Goldberg
2012 and 2013