Ghislaine G. Torres Bruner is a strategically persistent litigator focused on assisting clients in developing and implementing effective business strategies including the anticipation of possible disputes, litigation and plans for early resolution. She is a shareholder in Polsinelli’s commercial litigation and Energy practice and supports the firms Denver and Miami offices. Ghislaine started her practice in Florida representing the healthcare sector including physicians, medical practices, hospitals, other businesses and clients from Latin America leveraging her native Spanish speaking and writing skills to represent a variety of clients in complex commercial litigation, regulatory and transactional matters. Ghislaine later expanded her practice to a national level as she is licensed and practices in Colorado, New Mexico, North Dakota, Utah and Wyoming. She has represented both national and international clients in light of her international litigation training in the European Courts, International Courts of Justice and studies in the United Kingdom. Ghislaine’s litigation practice now focuses on business disputes in all sectors including representing general business, health care, real estate and energy companies. Ghislaine has obtained jury verdicts, notable dismissals in high profile high stakes matters and reported opinions in appellate matters. She was recently selected as Colorado Law Weekly’s “Top litigator.” She has also handled multi-million dollar energy transactions. Ghislaine’s experience includes:
- Handling litigation matters for business clients including claims arising from contracts, development agreements with municipalities, breach of representations and warranties, fraud, business divorce, shareholder disputes, business torts, negligence, and product liability.
- Litigating breach of non-compete and non-solicitation and investigations.
- Defending negligence actions against physicians including plastic surgeons, cardiothoracic surgeons, neonatologists, ophthalmologists, emergency medicine, oncologist, nurses, cruise lines and businesses.
Energy, Environmental and Real Estate Litigation
- Defending environmental enforcement actions from allegedly municipal ordinance violations, state regulations to federal Clean Air Act citizen suits.
- Handling real estate litigation actions including lease disputes, premise liability, construction, land use, easement and boundary disputes and trespass including in oil and gas and mineral disputes.
- Defending oil and gas spacing application protests
- Asserting claims of constitutional impairment of contracts and takings against governments.
Energy Regulatory and Transactional Practice
- Representation national and international exploration and production oil and gas operators and midstream companies from the startup phase as a trusted advisor.
- Assisting through the regulatory permitting phase of contentious projects and local and state agency rulemakings.
- Assisting clients in obtaining zoning, permitting and land use approvals, securing development agreements and developing regulatory compliance programs.
- Drafting a variety of energy exploration and production, farmout, joint development, oil and gas operator agreements master services agreements and midstream contracts.
- She has been recently selected as a Who’s Who in Energy and Top Women in Energy award recipient.
Beyond the Legal Practice
Ghislaine has served in various leadership positions for Colorado Ballet Auxiliary Board and is presently serving as President. Ghislaine serves as Vice Chair of the American Bar Association for Articles for the Section for Energy, Environmental and Resources for the Oil and Gas Committee. She is a member of the Women’s Energy Network, and serves on the Colorado Oil and Gas Association’s Local Regulatory Committee, EHSR Committee, and Legal, Legislative and Regulatory Committee. She enjoys playing tennis, traveling, cooking and the outdoors.