Geoffrey Fasel leverages his national and international relationships in the business, investment, financial, economic, and scientific communities to develop and achieve his clients’ legal, financial, and business goals. His understanding of his clients’ needs was shaped by his early experiences representing key leaders including the Stowers Institute and Bayer Animal Health, and continues with a wide variety of entities from private equity and venture capital firms, to mature companies, to entrepreneurial growth companies advancing human and animal health, industrial and computer/software technologies, and lean manufacturing.
Geoffrey represents clients at all stages of a company's life cycle — beginning with technology creation and protection, through corporate formation and capital attraction, key third-party relationships, growth, maturity and strategic exits. Geoffrey leads his group in private securities placements, including formation of VC and PE funds, and representation of companies seeking or having taken pooled investment.
- Successfully represented venture capital funds in connection with fund formation and portfolio investments by the funds, including a recent restructure of a $150 million credit facility of a portfolio company.
- Successfully represented a global biotech manufacturer in numerous international acquisitions and in-licenses.
- Successfully represented the world’s largest privately funded basic research institution in navigating complex regulatory and compliance issues, as well as structuring and negotiating joint ventures and commercial spinouts.
- Successfully represented several hospitals in the formation and operation of a strategic consolidated services center to increase operating efficiencies and transactional savings, representing more than $500 million in projected revenue.
- Successfully represented the research and development arm of a regional hospital chain in commercializing its first medical device products.
- Successfully represented an international life sciences company in strategizing the structuring for, and affecting the launch of, a new line of animal health products in the United States.