Grant Gendron is a commercial litigation associate in Polsinelli’s Washington D.C. office. For the last five years, Grant has managed disputes of all sizes and complexity. Grant is a leader, researcher, orator, and drafter. Using these skills, Grant has resolved active or threatened disputes in a variety of legal areas including commercial litigation and related business disputes, litigation stemming from mergers & acquisitions, and health litigation, often involving the federal False Claims Act. Grant’s primary industry experience, meanwhile, centers on disputes in the general commercial, health, health science, technology, and cybersecurity industries.
Grant’s approach to dispute resolution focuses on regular and effective client contact. By ensuring he understands the client’s concerns, interests, and goals, Grant excels at unifying a team. Grant is responsive and proactive and views litigation through a big-picture prism, litigating when necessary but avoiding litigation if there is a better result. For active cases, Grant has extensive experience navigating discovery projects of all sizes, arguing in court and assisting with appeals, and negotiating with opposing counsel. Utilizing his experience, Grant can settle cases effectively and ensure clients are trial-ready.
- Won arbitration in front of the American Arbitration Association’s Centre for Dispute Resolution on behalf of a major international health science, technology, and research company.
- Won summary judgment in the United States District Court for the District of Arizona dismissing a multi-year medical False Claims Act case involving hundreds of thousands of claims.
- Won complicated motion to compel arbitration, successfully dismissing lawsuit alleging breach of contract and defamation claims against Fortune 100 telecommunications company in the United State District Court for the District of Columbia.
- Argued for declaratory relief, including the entry of a preliminary injunction, in the United States District Court for the District of Maryland on behalf of a major international cybersecurity company.
- Assisted in managing discovery for one of the largest non-profit hospital systems in the country in defense of antitrust litigation brought by the State of Washington’s Office of the Attorney General, including assisting with depositions and e-discovery and securing dismissal of half of the case on a summary judgment motion.
- Successfully settled or dismissed multiple medical False Claims Act cases in the United States District Court for the District of Columbia and the Middle District of Florida.
- Won appeal in front of the Federal Circuit Court of Appeals regarding standing to bring patent infringement and breach of contract claims for a firearm design and manufacturing company.
- Assisted with discovery, motions to dismiss, and settlement negotiations for clients in the science, technology, health, cybersecurity, and securities industries.
- Won a breach of contract and unjust enrichment bench trial in Maryland state court for a construction company, including an award of attorneys’ fees and costs.
- Helped win or secure successful settlements for breach of contract, consumer protection, trade secret, and employment retaliation litigations in New Hampshire and Massachusetts state courts.
- Helped win various tax and administrative law cases for a major municipal utility before the District of Columbia Court of Appeals.