Jennifer Jones’ experience as a commercial real estate property manager and consultant allows her to deliver creative strategies and real world resolutions to each client. She focuses her real estate practice on the leasing, acquisition, sale, and development of retail, office, and industrial real estate properties.
Jennifer advises domestic and international clients on the acquisition, sale, development and leasing of mixed-use building complexes, retail shopping centers, office building complexes, and industrial complexes. She also prepares and negotiates big box and in-line retail leases, multi-floor and full building office and industrial leases, purchase and sale agreements, and other documents related to all facets of acquisition, development, leasing, management, and disposition.
- Represented a private equity real estate investment firm in the leasing of redevelopment retail shopping centers in multiple states, including complex redevelopment-related lease amendments with the following:
- Big box retailer and a national restaurant chain in Kansas City, KS
- Grocery store in Independence, MO
- Lease with the U.S. Postal Service in Omaha, NE
- Retail leases in Hoffman Estates, IL with a swimming school and a fitness center
- Restaurant lease in Miram, GA with a national franchisee
- Retail lease for an urgent care medical facility in Happy Valley, OR
- Represented a national asset manager of numerous office and industrial buildings in multiple states, including:
- Office lease (for nearly 80,000 square feet) in Parsippany, NJ with a financial services technology company
- Leases for office buildings in St. Louis, MO, Fairfax, VA and Reston, VA with multiple law firms
- Office lease (including SCIF space) in St. Louis, MO with a defense contractor
- Represented a department store chain in the subleasing of big box retail buildings located in multiple states.
- Represented a national developer on numerous retail leasing matters for shopping centers in multiple states, including, the negotiation of a big box lease in Simi Valley, CA with a national movie theater chain, a restaurant lease in Downey, CA with a national franchisor and a ground lease in Highland Village, TX with a national bank.
- Negotiated, on behalf of a national movie theater chain, several leases in multiple states, including, a ground lease in Spotsylvania, VA for a joint-venture with a bowling chain.
- Negotiated, on behalf of a national big box home improvement retailer, subleases of four big box properties located in three states to a national big box garden supply retailer.
- Represented two pension funds on the leasing of multiple office and retail centers located in numerous states. o Represented a furniture store on the leasing of an industrial building in Monee, IL.
- Represented an educational technology company on the leasing of flagship office space in Boston, MA.
- Represented an international real estate investment trust on the disposition of a portfolio of industrial properties located in 13 states to multiple purchasers.
- Participated in the representation of an institutional investor/real estate investment trust on the acquisition of a portfolio of three retail shopping centers located in California, which acquisition was part of three reverse §1031 exchange and included a loan assumption.
- Participated in the representation of a national big box clothing retailer on the acquisition of a portfolio of 31 big box leased properties located in five western states, which acquisition was the winning bid under a bankruptcy discharge order for a former national big box clothing retailer.
- Participated in the representation of an international tire retailer on the transfer of all of its owned and leased properties within the United States to a new client entity.
Publications & Presentations
Filling the Purchase Option "Gap": Preservation (or Suspension) of Rental Income and Other Lease Rights After Exercising the Option and Prior to Closing
Co-author; The Real Estate Finance Journal