Jay Stolkin is a corporate and transactional attorney focusing on mergers and acquisitions, securities and general corporate matters, including business formation/structuring and drafting/negotiating commercial contracts.
Whether counseling startup breweries through business formation and capitalization or assisting Fortune 500 companies with complex cross-border acquisitions, Jay develops a comprehensive understanding of his clients’ goals and employs a practical, economical approach to solving problems and closing transactions.
While Jay’s experience spans a breadth of industries, he has worked extensively with clients in the alcoholic beverage, sports, technology, and consumer products spaces.
Prior to joining Polsinelli, Jay served as an associate at another national law firm.
• Represented an alcoholic beverage distributor in its $45 million acquisition of an industry competitor.
• Represented a U.K.-based purchaser in its $20 million acquisition of a U.S.-based nuclear engineering services firm.
• Represented a pet products seller in its ~ $80 million stock sale.
• Represented a beverage distributor in its $26 million asset sale to an industry competitor.
• Represented a craft brewery in a minority interest stock sale to private equity.
• Represented the placement agent in connection with a $20 million debt offering for a NASDAQ listed financial services issuer.
• Represented a NASDAQ listed media conglomerate in connection with its $1 billion issuance of senior debt securities.
Publications & Presentations
Breaking Into the Sports Industry
Guest Lecturer, University of Illinois College of Law
Raising Capital in the Brewing Industry