Jarno Vanto's strengths lie in his ability to intimately understand each client’s specific industry technology and his awareness of the complex international environment. His extensive international experience allows him to provide a differentiated perspective to clients on privacy, cyber security, intellectual property, and corporate matters.
Jarno partners with clients to help them achieve their business goals and provides a range of legal services, including:
- Global privacy and cyber security compliance programs for various companies in industries ranging from advertising to health technology to industrial machinery
- Cross-border and domestic intellectual property licensing and other technology transfer agreements
- Counsel for foreign technology companies on the legal issues they encounter in the U.S. market and structuring their U.S. corporate presence
- Venture finance and corporate restructuring for venture finance and IP management purposes
- Complex cross-border and domestic commercial agreements for clients' day-to-day business operations
- Outside general counsel for growing technology companies
Jarno has advised over 60 companies ranging from startups to Fortune 50 companies on their GDPR compliance and, over the previous 12 years, hundreds of companies on compliance with the EU Data Protection Directive, the predecessor of the GDPR. Polsinelli has provided GDPR counseling to companies that provide, among others, software-as-a-service, data-as-a-service, automotive and connected vehicle technologies, mobile applications, location-based technologies, financial services, server technologies, HR services and health care technologies.
Prior to joining the firm, Jarno was a Legal Expert for the European Privacy Seal, where he evaluated information technology products and services with the intent of awarding them the EuroPrise European Privacy Seal.