Kyler Humphrey’s practice focuses primarily on general business law, and the clients he serves are mostly closely held or family-owned in a broad range of industries such as real estate, manufacturing, distribution, retail, and hospitality.
Clients call upon him for legal advice and consultation in connection with their particular business enterprise looking to him as their outside general counsel. He advises on a broad range of legal issues from formation, tax and strategic planning, and operational issues to working with owners and other financial advisers and accountants in connection with developing his client’s wealth preservation, exit strategies, estate planning, and/or business succession.
For more than 40 years, Kyler has represented clients in the hospitality industry, including golf courses, country clubs, hotels, and more than 40 St. Louis, Mo., restaurants.
During the operational phase and life of the client’s business from formation to exit strategy, Kyler has counseled and supervised legal matters, including:
- Initial formation, capitalization, and tax structure
- Financing of business enterprises
- Compliance with state and local laws
- Employment matters, including executive contracts
- Third-party contracts, including license and franchise documents and the licensing of intellectual property
- Operating, owner’s and buy-sell agreements
- Business succession, exit strategy, and estate planning