Lisa Haines provides a full range of real estate services with an emphasis in commercial development and financing, including mixed-use residential and commercial development projects, complex property assemblages utilizing economic incentive tools for financing, and extensive financing experience from the perspective of both borrowers and lenders.
Chambers USA, the world's leading guide to the legal profession, has included Lisa in their rankings for years, most recently in 2020. In interviews with her clients during research for the rankings, remarks made about her work at the firm include: She is "the top attorney we have faced as opposing counsel."
- Represented owner and developer of an assemblage located in Times Square, including a purchase of land (and air rights) to create a 53-story condominium development including a lease to a W hotel. In addition, the hotel supports a substantial signage tower that is one of the primary advertising venues in Times Square.
- Represented owner and developer of a 20-story (750,000 square feet) luxury hotel/condominium/parking garage project, which opened in 2006 on a waterfront site in Boston Harbor. The hotel portion is leased and operates as a 420-room hotel. The upper floors have approximately 120 residential condominium units.
- Represented owner/developer with respect to acquisition and development of a luxury residential complex in Cambridge, Mass.
- Represented owner and developer with respect to the development of NASCAR’s 80,000-seat Kansas International Speedway located in Kansas City, Kan.
- Represented owner/developer with respect to a series of acquisitions and assemblages (and the related air rights) in various parts of Manhattan, N.Y., (including the neighborhoods of Midtown, Upper West Side, Upper East Side, Times Square, Hell’s Kitchen, and Chelsea) for the development and new construction or conversion into luxury residential and mixed-use condominium properties, including the well-known Orion, Ariel East and West, Altair and Lucida Condominiums.
- Represented owner/developer with respect to the ongoing development of a mixed-use project, including condominiums, retail, office, hotel, a movie theater, and restaurants in Mission, Kan.
- Represented owner/developer with respect to the development of the 450,000 square-foot Nebraska Furniture Mart retail development and warehouse facility in Kansas City, Kan., to anchor a 400-acre retail and entertainment project at the Kansas Speedway together with public-private incentives, including STAR Bonds.
- Represented owner and developer with respect to the ongoing development of an $800 million year-round family resort waterpark complex with adjacent retail and entertainment river walk project located in Kansas City, Kan.
Publications & Presentations
Frequent speaker on real estate topics for:
- American Bar Association
- The Missouri Bar
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law
Jan 02, 2009
Publications & Presentations
Published in the Bloomberg Corporate Law Journal
Jan 01, 2009