Laura G. Kastetter
Areas of Focus
Employment Disputes, Litigation and Arbitration
Litigation and Dispute Resolution
Labor and Employment
Employment Class Actions
Restrictive Covenants, Enforcement and Trade Secrets
, University of Denver
, College of William & Mary
U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
Laura is committed to providing reliable, high-quality legal representation to strategically solve client problems and address their litigation needs. Clients rely on Laura to develop solutions and effective arguments with respect to their complex legal challenges. She has significant experience managing pretrial matters from inception to trial on a broad spectrum of cases at the state and federal level and involving:
• Administrative matters.
Colorado Bar Association, Labor & Employment Law Section
Denver Bar Association
First Judicial District Bar Association
Faculty of Federal Advocates
• Assisted with the defense of a company in the oilfield drilling industry in a wage and hour collective action that resulted in a settlement approved by the court.
• Assisted with the defense of a real estate investment company in a lawsuit involving allegations of sexual orientation discrimination that resulted in voluntary dismissal of the action by the plaintiff following discovery.
• Obtained summary judgment on behalf of an airline in multiple cases alleging discrimination.
• Drafted successful summary judgment brief on behalf of an international law firm in a case involving allegations of legal malpractice and breach of contract.
• Obtained dismissal of a property owner client from highly publicized civil cases prior to commencement of costly discovery.
• Represented investment banking firms in class action alleging violations of the Securities Act and Securities Exchange Act that resulted in dismissal of the case.
• Kerr et al. v. Hickenlooper, No. 12-1445 (10th Cir.). Co-authored amicus brief on behalf of Colorado Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics and Colorado Nonprofit Association in support of a lawsuit to overturn the Taxpayer Bill of Rights (“TABOR”).
Publications & Presentations
Individual Employees Can Be Liable For Civil Penalties And Attorneys’ Fees For A Company’s Failure To Pay Overtime And/Or Minimum Wages
Polsinelli at Work blog
October 8, 2018
"I enjoy the process of problem solving with clients. Actively listening to client needs and concerns and paying attention to details allows me to provide effective solutions."
© Polsinelli PC, Polsinelli LLP in California
All Rights Reserved