Libby’s strong advocacy skills, strategic and analytical abilities, and business acumen make her a valuable asset to the firm’s litigation team. Libby is dedicated to developing outcome-driven litigation strategies that are aligned with her clients’ business goals. She takes pride in partnering with clients to achieve positive outcomes both inside and outside of the courtroom.
As a member of Polsinelli’s Commercial Litigation practice group, Libby assists clients with all stages of business disputes and methods of dispute resolution, including litigation, mediation, and arbitration. Libby also assists in developing litigation avoidance and risk management strategies tailored to clients’ specific business needs and objectives.
Libby earned her J.D. from Columbia University, where she was named a James Kent Scholar and Tony Patiño Fellow and won two Richard R. Baxter Awards for her team’s world championship-winning memorials at the Philip C. Jessup International Moot Court competition.
- Effectively represented multiple companies in business-to-business breach of contract and tort disputes in state and federal court.
- Secured dismissal of case involving claims of violation of 18 U.S.C. § 2707(a), violation of 47 U.S.C. § 222, fraudulent concealment, and breach of fiduciary duty for Fortune 100 company in federal appellate court.
- Obtained complete victory on behalf of organization in multimillion-dollar tax appeal before a state tax commission.
- Served as second chair trial counsel in successful defense of two complex criminal felonies.
- Obtained favorable settlement in defense of breach of contract action where plaintiff sought millions in damages.
- Successfully secured writ of habeas corpus and declaratory injunctive relief for client in nationally-recognized unlawful detention case in federal district court.
- Managed complex discovery in defense of large healthcare provider against allegations of anticompetitive conduct.
- Authored brief and conducted legal research for national telecommunications carrier to favorably posture case concerning fraudulent trafficking of wireless handsets for trial and ultimately settlement.