Lon Williams is not just a litigator, but a counselor to clients. In fact, his employment-related litigation practice is often described as an advice and counsel practice. Lon’s experience includes assisting his clients at the highest levels of management, including the Board level as well as executives in operations, finance and human resources, to determine solutions to day-to-day challenges regarding compliance with the numerous employment-related federal and state laws.
He regularly assists clients on matters relating to the Fair Labor Standards Act, Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, Uniformed Service Employment and Reemployment Rights Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, and Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
Lon’s assistance also frequently extends beyond advising and counseling as he is commonly called upon to assist clients by:
- Drafting executive employment and employee separation agreements
- Responding to Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Department of Labor and Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs investigations
- Drafting confidentiality, noncompetition, and nonsolicitation agreements
- Conducting training for management regarding best human resource practices
- Drafting human resource policies and employee handbooks
Lon represents companies of all sizes in many industries, with a particular emphasis in the health care, staffing, energy, financial services, education, and defense contracting sectors.