Matt Jordan is the Team Leader of Polsinelli’s Securitization & Structured Finance practice.
Matt offers clients a deep understanding of all facets of facets of the commercial real estate finance industry and related legal issues. Matt’s experiences with corporate law contribute to his broader understanding of the many sophisticated issues that arise in his daily practice.
Matt focuses his practice on commercial and asset-based lending transactions, securitization and other structured finance transactions, commercial loan enforcement and other related transactions, with particular focus on the representation of various issuers, sponsors, primary servicers, special servicers, operating advisors, asset representations reviewers, investors (including b-piece investors) and loan sellers in a wide range of commercial real estate capital markets transactions including public and private commercial mortgage-backed securities (CMBS), commercial mezzanine loan securitizations, agency securitizations, CRE CLOs, A/B and pari passu mortgage loan structures and mezzanine loans. Matt has particular expertise with respect to securities law compliance and related aspects of securitization transactions, including Regulation AB, Regulation AB II and the U.S. credit risk retention rules. In addition, Matt has extensive experience in the commercial purchases and sales of whole loan portfolios; purchase and sales of servicing rights and other similar rights involving CMBS.
In addition to Matt’s transactional matters related to commercial and asset-based lending transactions, securitization and other structured finance transactions, Matt works regularly with Polsinelli’s Financial Services Litigation practice group and Real Estate Finance practice group with respect to legal and business issues that relate to pooling and servicing agreements, trust and servicing agreements, servicing agreements, co-lender, intercreditor and participation agreements and other agreements related to structured finance.
Matt’s representative matters include representing:
- Commercial mortgage loan issuers, loan sellers, operating advisors, asset representation reviewers, servicers and b-piece investors in CMBS transactions;
- Commercial mortgage loan issuers, loan sellers, operating advisors, asset representation reviewers, servicers and b-piece investors in single asset / single borrower CMBS transactions;
- Commercial mortgage loan issuers, servicers and operating advisors in CRE CLO transactions;
- B-piece investors in connection with purchase of CMBS third-party purchaser risk retention positions pursuant to the U.S. credit risk retention rules;
- Loan sellers in whole loan sales transactions;
- Loan servicers in interim servicing relationships;
- Lenders in asset-based credit facilities;
- Commercial mortgage loan servicers in purchases and sales of servicing rights;
- Commercial mortgage loan operating advisors in purchases of operating advisor rights;
- Commercial mortgage loan issuers, sellers, operating advisors, asset representation reviewers, servicers and b-piece buyers in working through the post-securitization issues involving securitized assets, including workout and foreclosure;
- Servicers on servicing agreements and regulatory compliance of securitized loans; and
- National lenders and mezzanine and SBIC lenders in small, medium and large cap asset-based lending transactions.