Maribeth McMahon has extensive experience handling a wide variety of commercial real estate finance transactions. She concentrates on representation of lenders in commercial real estate transactions, including originating, servicing, and restructuring of clients’ real estate loans.
Chambers USA, the world's leading guide to the legal profession, has included Maribeth in their rankings. During interviews with her clients, Maribeth was recognized as “thorough and precise in her reading of the documents and the law, and can absolutely be counted on for the correct answer.”
Maribeth works diligently to structure, document and close complex financing transactions for her clients, taking proactive steps to keep transactions moving forward and assembling the appropriate legal team needed to get deals done in an efficient and timely manner.
For a number of years, Maribeth’s practice has focused on the national representation of mortgage loan originators in structuring and documenting real estate loans – secured by all types of commercial properties – for securitization in the Commercial Mortgage Backed Securities industry. This has involved closing loans of all sizes and levels of complexity, secured by real estate collateral located from coast to coast. Her broad experience in the servicing of commercial real estate loans includes loan assumptions, modifications, and collateral substitutions, as well as complicated loan workouts and restructuring. Maribeth also counsels clients on asset-based lending and a wide range of transactional real estate issues.
- Closed a $42 million loan secured by a Chicago office building for a balance sheet lender
- Represented lender in the assumption, amendment and restatement of four cross-collateralized loans totaling $75 million principal amount, each secured by a U.S. government single tenant office building
- Closed a $34 million loan for a CMBS lender secured by seven mixed used properties in four states
- Represented CMBS lender in closing a $122 million loan secured by fourteen medical use properties located in seven states
- Represented servicer in restructure of $860 million loan secured by a Las Vegas hotel/casino
- Represented servicer in the modification and extension of cross-collateralized mortgage loans with principal amounts of over $800 million secured by hundreds of nursing home properties