Randy Gerber regularly works with physicians and physician groups, hospitals and nursing homes in connection with their health law issues, general corporate, financing, and business matters. In addition, Randy has provided legal services to managed care organizations, home-health providers, and durable medical equipment suppliers.
Randy advises his clients on legal and regulatory issues, including:
- Federal and state anti-kickback and self-referral laws
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
- Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act
- Executive compensation and charity care
- Private inurement and benefit
- False Claims Act
- Managed care contracting
- Employment agreement review and drafting
- Surgery center formation
- Medical staff bylaws
- Physician recruitment incentives
- Corporate compliance
- Antitrust issues
Randy also provides assistance with joint venture formation and structuring, physician practice sales and buyouts, and physician practice group management. In addition, he guides his clients through physician licensing applications, certificate of need application, and state licensure issues. Randy has also helped form integrated delivery system entities, including physician/hospital organizations, independent physician associations, and preferred provider organizations.