As a former NCAA Division I athlete, Ryan McCarty’s work ethic and competitive nature make him a tremendous advocate for the firm's clients. Ryan’s practice is primarily focused on managed care disputes related to out-of-network underpayments and misclassified emergency claims, medical necessity denials, attempted recoupments and offsets, and related legal issues involving the Affordable Care Act, ERISA preemption, UCR laws, prompt pay laws, and any willing provider laws. Ryan has also developed substantial experience in business divorce and shareholder disputes, commercial sales litigation, including warranty claims, and cases involving various torts from high-level fraud to standard negligence.
Representing several large farm and agricultural companies, Ryan also has experience managing disputes arising anywhere from seed-to-table, including disputes involving agricultural commodities, supply chain issues, toxic exposures, and advising companies with an eye toward mitigating liability and avoiding litigation. With a background in biology, Ryan excels in cases involving science or medical issues.
Ryan has a passion for the environment and the outdoors. He was one of the founding members of the Gateway Chapter of Trout Unlimited, where he now holds an officer position, and serves on the board of directors for the Great Rivers Habitat Alliance. Ryan’s love of the outdoors provides a unique ability to communicate with players in the agricultural industry.
- Lead attorney responsible for medical expert defense in nine-figure toxic exposure mass-tort litigation.
- Successfully defended numerous banking and financial institutions including prevailing on dispositive motions in both state and federal court in response to claims sounding in fraud, defamation of credit, violations of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, Equal Credit Opportunity Act, Truth in Lending Act, and Missouri Merchandising Practices Act.
- Secured favorable settlement in business divorce case on behalf of passive investors disputing management of Missouri LLC.
- Represented and secured favorable settlement for private equity fund investor challenging fund’s accounting practices and payment of equity interest when attempting to change funds.
- Secured favorable arbitration awards for two publicly traded companies in disputes involving breach of service agreements.
- Secured favorable settlement for two separate commercial agriculture operations in real property disputes.
- Successfully defended TRO and request for preliminary injunction in commercial landlord-tenant dispute for family-owned bison ranch. Case subsequently settled.
- Obtained dismissal of banking institution client based upon federal statute when faced with multi-million dollar fraud claim.