Drawing on two decades of experience, Todd Burgess guides clients through all aspects of business and financial restructuring matters, bankruptcy litigation, and commercial disputes. Clients appreciate his “no-nonsense,” efficient approach to problem solving and his ability to think strategically while developing a cost-effective plan of action. Todd has successfully represented companies in out-of-court and chapter 11 restructurings in a wide array of industries over the years including agricultural, automotive, construction, financial services, healthcare, hospitality, manufacturing, ground transportation, air transportation and air courier services, retail, real estate, non-profits, logistics and supply chain management, government contracting, and technology companies.
His deep understanding of business as well as the financial and legal complexities of restructuring matters enables him to effectively and cost-efficiently assist clients in achieving solutions that address their unique financial situations. Todd represents debtors, secured creditors, DIP lenders, landlords, vendors, lessors, franchisors, trade creditors, and other creditors and other voluntary and involuntary participants in bankruptcy proceedings, state court receiverships, foreclosure proceedings, and commercial disputes.
- Counsel to Remy International in Chapter 11 cases of General Motors Corporation and Chrysler, LLC.
- Counsel to Liquidating Trustee in Chapter 11 case of First Magnus Financial Corporation.
- Counsel to Fortune 100 equipment lessor in Chapter 11 case of Hayes Lemmerz International, Inc.
- Representation of national airline and commuter airline in Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases.
- Multiple representations of asset based lenders with syndicated/non-syndicated loans between $5 million and $100 million in workouts, collections, receiverships, UCC sales, foreclosures, and bankruptcy cases.
- Multiple representations of national banking associations and financial institutions in workouts, collections, receiverships, UCCsales, foreclosures, and bankruptcy cases.
- Multiple representations of parties bidding on and acquiring assets out of bankruptcies.
- Counsel to charitable foundation and related for-profit entities in successful Chapter 11 proceedings.