For more than 25 years, Edward (Trip) Frizell has practiced in many facets of general corporate areas such as the purchase/sale of businesses, mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructurings and reorganizations, franchises, lending arrangements and health care group matters. Many of Trip’s clients operate on a nationwide and worldwide basis; they turn to him to handle much of their acquisitions/merger business.
Numerous businesses around the country rely on Trip to represent their interests in real estate acquisition and development. In the last 10 years, he has represented numerous franchisees in the fast-food industry, handling all aspects of the start-up and operation of their businesses in numerous states in the Midwest.
Chambers USA, the world's leading guide to the legal profession, has included Trip in their rankings for the past few years, most recently in 2011. In interviews with clients during research for the rankings, remarks made about his work at the firm include: "Clients delight in his 'professional and proactive manner; he takes pains to make us fully aware of all the options to take matters forward."
- Represents a major professional engineering, architectural, and consulting firm doing business in all 50 states and overseas, with sales in excess of $100 million.
- Represents the third largest distributor of drywall and drywall related supplies in the United States, doing business in approximately 35 states and overseas, with sales of approximately $400 million per year. Provides general representation to this client, including, acquisition and merger work, general contract work, lending arrangements, real estate acquisitions, and general counsel work.
- Represented franchisee in the acquisition of more than 100 Pizza Hut, Taco Bell and Ruby Tuesday restaurants in Texas, involving substantial debt and equity financing.
- Represents more than 10 Burger King and McDonald's franchisees in the metropolitan Kansas City area, and has undertaken all facets of work from corporate setup to acquisition of the real estate and negotiation of construction and financing contracts.
- Represented local physician group in organization of ambulatory surgery center operation with major health system in the Kansas City metropolitan area.
- Ushered the merger of largest cardiology/cardiovascular surgery group in Independence, Mo., into largest cardiology/cardiovascular surgery operation in the Kansas City metropolitan area.
- Restructured business operations of hospital-sponsored HMO.
- Represents largest professional engineering firm in Kansas City in all outside growth acquisition matters.
- Represents one of the largest real estate developers Kansas City in all corporate activities.
- Represents a large food-related advertising and marketing firm in all business activities.