William A. Tanenbaum works closely with clients to provide actionable, industry-informed solutions for their business needs. Recognized as one of the Who’s Who Legal "Thought Leaders Global Elite," Bill is also ranked in top tiers by Chambers: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, Legal500, and Best Lawyers in technology, outsourcing, IP and data law and as one of the Top 30 IT lawyers in the US (Who's Who Legal). Chambers says Bill “brings extremely high integrity, a deep intellect, fearlessness and a practical, real-world mindset to every problem." Chambers identifies Bill as a "prominent figure in technology and outsourcing" with a "solid national reputation" and "notable expertise in cybersecurity, data law and IP." Bill is a past President of the International Technology Law Association. He is a member of Polsinelli’s 40-attorney Technology Transactions & Data Privacy Group, and the Practice Co-Chair of the Health Care Technology & Innovation Group, the nation's second largest practice according to the American Health Lawyers Association.
Bill’s practice focuses on transactions, litigation, strategic counseling and innovation in the following fields: IT, IP, data, Health Care, cybersecurity, outsourcing, AI, IoT and innovation. He is recognized as "one of the leading names" in AI and data law, and was named by Global Data Review and Who's Who Legal to "Thought Leaders in Data 2019." Chambers found that Bill has "broad strengths" in handling the IP and technology aspects of M&A and corporate transactions. Who's Who Legal says he is "is a font of knowledge for creating new IT structures" needed to leverage innovative technologies, and "has expertise in technology transactions that put him at the very top of the market." Chambers says that he provides "savvy, zealous representation" and "understands the market and uses his expertise to help [clients] successfully navigate negotiations." Bill "has strong litigation experience" (Who’s Who Legal) and helps clients avoid litigation. His practice concentrates on:
• Technology transactions
• Outsourcing agreements and robotic processing automation
• Health Care technology transactions and innovations
• IP, IT and Health Care aspects of M&A, divestiture, private equity and joint venture transactions
• Transferring innovative legal techniques implementing AI and other emerging technologies from Health Care to other industries
• Patent and IP protection, transactions and licensing
• Data protection, ownership, licensing, shared use, data management, data governance and data polices for regulatory compliance and data-driven business
• AI, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing and Data Analytics
• Handling technology transactions to provide cybersecurity
• Government IT
• IP and technology litigation and avoiding litigation and arbitration
• Sports law technology
Clients endorse Bill as "a brilliant lawyer;" and "no issue is unfamiliar or too complex or intimidating [for him] take on" (Chambers); and "one of the best IP lawyers I have worked with" (Clean Tech Guide).