Businesses need a law firm that understands and responds to their goals, budgets and deadlines. Our Commercial Contracts and Transactions team provides quick and effective legal counsel to clients who have contracting needs that impact their business. Whether a client needs advice on a contract or wants counsel on expanding its business, Polsinelli attorneys have the knowledge and experience to guide clients through any contract negotiation.
Many of our attorneys have worked as in-house counsel or supporting in-house legal departments on a secondment basis. We understand the challenges associated with commercial contracts, whether they involve difficult negotiations, tight deadlines or a variety of other complexities that may arise with your commercial contracts. We can help your business through the entire contracting process, including submitting and responding to requests for proposals, reviewing bids, negotiating terms and conditions, drafting complex purchase and sale agreements, managing contract performance and resolving contract issues.
Our seasoned team provides experienced and practical advice in a variety of industries such as manufacturing, automotive, chemical, logistics, food and beverage, energy, health care, life sciences, mobility, construction, hospitality, aerospace, information technology and sports, media and entertainment. Our commercial contracts team will help your business achieve its goals, maximize efficiency, manage budgets and risks and avoid surprises.
Some of the types of commercial contracts frequently handled by our team include:
- Sourcing and procurement agreements, including requirements and take-or-pay contracts
- Sales, agency and distribution agreements
- Complex service agreements
- Broker/carrier agreements
- Warehousing and inter-modal logistics agreements
- Private label, contract manufacturing and toll manufacturing agreements
- Outsourcing agreements
- Equipment and finance leases
- Research and development agreements
- License agreements
- Confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements
- Joint development and collaboration agreements
- Sponsorship, venue-leasing, broadcast and multimedia rights, endorsement and event agreements
- Influencer and brand ambassador agreements
Polsinelli attorneys have worked on behalf of our clients to secure the most favorable terms. Some of our team’s representative experience includes:
- Serving as outside general counsel to numerous clients by providing them commercial contracting and sourcing support, including drafting, negotiating and reviewing supply and service agreements for both vendors and purchasers spanning a wide range of industries.
- Representing global chemical manufacturers in negotiating and drafting more than $3 billion in commercial agreements from purchasing raw materials to selling and shipping finished products to customers.
- Representing consumer product and personal protective equipment (PPE) manufacturers in sourcing raw materials and manufacturing services.
- Serving as special commercial counsel in connection with a $5 billion acquisition of a publicly traded manufacturing client. Primary responsibilities included advising the client on commercial issues and contracts affecting more than a dozen global manufacturing facilities, including post-closing integration and operational issues.
- Providing legal counsel and support on multiple co-location transactions between suppliers and customers involving integrated operations, including documenting all aspects of the transaction (e.g., ground and facility leases, pipeline supply agreements, services agreements and operating agreements).
- Representing vendors and purchasers regarding transportation and logistics issues, including preparation and negotiation of various transportation and logistics agreements, in addition to representing shippers in negotiations with railroads and other transportation providers.
- Representing manufacturing client on significant, multiyear IT infrastructure and integration project involving multiple integrated operations and resource systems.
- Advising professional sports leagues and teams, collegiate conferences, university athletic departments, retail brands and apparel companies, sports broadcast networks and other sports-related entities in connection with a wide variety of commercial transactions.
- Advising clients regarding risk management and insurance issues related to commercial contracts and service agreements.
- Developing and implementing client training materials, policies and procedures for sales and procurement personnel on a variety of commercial contracting topics and best practices, including standard terms and conditions, UCC battle of the forms, alternative contract provisions, negotiating practices, contract management and implementation, record retention and risk management.