Polsinelli’s licensure, enrollment and certification team has extensive experience assisting clients in every stage of the licensure, enrollment and accreditation process.
Polsinelli seamlessly partners with clients to effectively navigate complex state and federal regulations that significantly impact providers and suppliers. In addition to our experience, our team maintains strong relationships with state and federal regulators to provide in-depth guidance to clients on the process of obtaining initial licensure, changes of ownership, and other regulatory matters. Polsinelli regularly counsels clients on licensure, enrollment and certification issues across the lifespan of a health care organization. Our team handles issues across the entire spectrum of licensure, enrollment and certification, including:
- Certificate of need
- Facility and professional state licensure
- Medicare and Medicaid enrollment/certification
- Survey response, including plans of correction
- Accreditation — The Joint Commission, AAAHC and other national accreditation agencies
- Changes of ownership and/or Changes of Information Revocations/terminations
Polsinelli’s deep understanding of the statutes, regulations and the governmental authorities provides our clients with next-level knowledge and assistance on issues facing all facilities and organizations, including hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, pharmacies, ambulatory surgery centers, home health agencies, dialysis facilities, assisted living facilities, behavioral health facilities and other providers/suppliers.
Our team supports clients in a variety of ways:
- Advising on day-to-day questions issues
- Researching and advising on appropriate state licensure and enrollment categories
- Guiding clients undergoing transactions or reorganizations on the regulatory notice and approval process for state licenses, Medicare and Medicaid enrollments, accreditations
- Successfully defending clients in CON, survey, revocation and termination proceedings
- Managing clients’ entire licensure and enrollment process, including creation of a licensure/enrollment database to store necessary backup documentation and to track timelines for revalidations, and expirations