We understand that clients are better served when their advisors act as partners. Polsinelli’s Private Equity M&A practice is designed to foster a collaborative approach to deal making. Pairing our experienced deal teams with our industry experts ensures our clients receive comprehensive and practical business advice on their transactions.
Our clients operate across a wide variety of industries, including healthcare, life sciences, manufacturing and industrials, materials, transportation and logistics, food and beverage, real estate, agriculture, consumer products, energy, financial services, technology and intellectual property, professional services and insurance. Our Private Equity M&A practitioners collaborate with our subject matter specialists in areas such as finance, labor and employment, benefits and tax to provide practical and business-focused strategy and advice.
Our Private Equity M&A practice provides representation to investment funds, their investors and partners and family offices in respect of platform and bolt-on acquisitions and divestitures. We assist buyout, growth, mezzanine and venture funds, BDCs, SBICs and funds of funds, as well as institutional investors, limited partners, family offices and individual investors in their M&A activities. Our Private Equity M&A team works closely with our Investment Funds practice to advise fund sponsors and investors throughout the life cycle of private investment funds.
The types of services the Polsinelli Private Equity M&A team typically provides include:
- M&A Representation – We assist at all stages of:
- Acquisitions and Dispositions, including domestic and cross-border platform and bolt-on investments, leveraged buyouts, management buyouts, majority and minority investments, roll-ups, spin-outs, distressed, reorganization, dividend recapitalizations, consolidations and other transactions.
- Full due diligence review, including specialized regulatory diligence and ongoing outside counsel.
- Leveraged Finance – We work with our Capital Markets and Commercial Lending and Securities & Corporate Finance practices to assist clients in raising the debt and equity financing necessary to complete their transactions. Our leveraged finance team is experienced in the full range of leveraged finance transactions, including senior secured, unsecured and mezzanine credit facilities, term loans and Rule 144A placements as well as preferred and common equity offerings.
- Outside General Counsel – As a result of our understanding of our clients’ and their portfolio companies’ businesses, we serve as outside general counsel and trusted advisors providing our clients with “first call” support. This role extends from strategic initiative development and implementation to day-to-day counsel.
- Strategic Alliances and Joint Ventures.