All companies, organizations and individuals can expect to encounter issues in the tax arena. Polsinelli's Tax attorneys provide creative solutions and legal guidance on international, federal, state and local tax laws to entities in all major industries and tax status classifications. Our attorneys partner with our clients to develop business solutions for both short-term and long-term planning.
Our Tax attorney’s strong reputation is built on its skills in sound and effective planning, in-depth analysis and favorable resolutions and outcomes, particularly in complex tax matters involving diverse businesses. Our attorneys pride themselves on innovative thinking and experience in structuring business formation, combinations, reorganizations, mergers and acquisitions, and liquidations in the most tax-advantageous manner.
If needed, Polsinelli's Tax attorneys' litigation experience spans all judicial forums including the U.S. Tax Court, federal courts, state courts and administrative tribunals throughout the country. The President actually nominated one of our attorneys to the United States Tax Court — and he decided to stay with us. Our attorneys’ experience and sound judgment provide our clients with appropriately assessed tax risks with the potential benefits of a judicial or administrative resolution of the issue.
Our attorneys specialize in the handling of individual and business tax matters including:
- Tax consulting and planning for C corporations, S corporations, LLC's, partnerships, estates and trusts to optimize tax advantages
- Corporate reorganizations
- Merger and acquisition transactions
- Business succession planning
- Stock-for-stock and stock-for-assets transactions
- Capital gain and installment sale planning
- Tax planning for the receipt of real estate development incentives
- State and local income tax
- Compensation and benefit plans
- Tax controversies/disputes and tax litigation
- Sales and use tax
- Property tax assessments and valuation
- Independent contractor agreements
- Tax-free exchanges of property (Section 1031)
- Choice of entity
- Partnership and LLC agreements, including economic and tax allocations of income and deductions
The Tax attorneys at Polsinelli can provide you with the innovative legal counsel you need.
Our attorneys bring both Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and advanced legal qualifications to tax advising for individuals and businesses. Offering both extensive tax planning, and tax audit and appeal services, we represent your interests in preserving income and protecting your assets.
With offices in Missouri, Kansas, Colorado, Arizona, Illinois, Delaware and New York, we understand local, county and state tax issues for charitable tax planning, employment and independent contracting, partnerships and LLC structuring and audits or tax controversies where you live.
We’re experienced not only in handling income, sales and use, excise and property tax issues, but are well-versed in the kinds of tax controversies that can arise and are prepared to take appeals to the state tax appeal tribunal and the appellate courts of the state.
With a mix of small to large closely held business clients, we offer both corporate and individual tax advice, knowing that business wealth is often tied to individual wealth and tax obligations. Count on our attorneys for a coordinated approach. See our results in a comprehensive, sound tax plan.