Jennifer Evans brings legal, legislative and operational experience to health care matters. Her legal practice is focused on fraud and abuse, Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement issues, and regulatory compliance. She represents a variety of client types including:
- Large and small hospital systems
- Children's hospitals
- Multi-state specialty service providers (e.g. dentistry, dialysis, diagnostic testing, pharmacy)
- Durable medical equipment suppliers
- Health care manufacturers
- Physician practice managers
- Health care management franchisors
- Specialty services extensions of physician practices
Jennifer served as deputy director of the Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Financing, the single state agency responsible for administering Medicaid and the Child Health Plan Plus programs. At HCPF, she served as office director for administration and operations with responsibility for audit, procurement, program integrity, coordination of benefits, privacy, provider enrollment, claims payment, operations, and information technology, including health information technology.
Jennifer served on the National Governors' Association Center for Best Practices working group on Health Information Technology and Exchange, and has experience representing nonprofit and for profit health care organizations before Congress and CMS. She also is a former legislative assistant for health care and legislative director in the U.S. Senate.