INCIDENT RESPONSE - In the event of a data incident, Polsinelli's incident response team can be contacted at any time of day at IncidentResponse@polsinelli.com
The protection of data and personal information is of utmost importance to all organizations. Polsinelli recognizes this and has assembled a deep, inter-disciplinary team whose sole focus is assisting organizations as they strive to protect information, comply with ever evolving privacy and security regulations and respond to data incidents, regulatory investigations and litigation.
Polsinelli’s team includes:
Privacy and Cybersecurity Counseling
- Incident response attorneys who are some of the most experienced in the country;
- Alumni of enforcement agencies charged with enforcing privacy and security regulations, such as the Department of Health and Human Services Office for Civil Rights;
- Attorneys with international backgrounds who are equipped to counsel organizations on evolving international data protection regulations;
- Former in-house data privacy attorneys who understand not only the regulatory landscape but the logistical and business considerations associated with creating and maintaining privacy and cybersecurity programs; and
- A deep bench of technology transaction attorneys with experience working on privacy and security issues for everyone from mid-market to Fortune 500 companies.
Polsinelli takes an inter-disciplinary approach to privacy and cybersecurity by teaming attorneys with both data privacy and industry-specific experience.
Polsinelli attorneys counsel clients on privacy regulations including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, the Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act (CAN-SPAM), the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), as well as numerous state privacy laws.
Polsinelli privacy and cybersecurity attorneys counsel clients on their technology transactions and in connection with third party data transfer, vendor and business associate agreements.
Polsinelli attorneys also assist in the acquisition, management, use and disposition of data by performing the following services:
Data Incident Response & Preparedness
- Overseeing privacy and security risk assessments;
- Formulating and implementing organization-specific policies and procedures;
- Developing data breach response plans and conducting mock tabletop breach exercises; and
- Providing privacy and data security counseling and training.
Polsinelli attorneys have a long history of counseling clients impacted by data breaches and other cyber incidents. In fact, one of our shareholders handled one of the first data breach cases after California passed its breach notification law in 2003. Our attorneys collectively have handled over one thousand data security incidents and have counseled clients through nearly every conceivable breach, from system-wide malware attacks and network intrusions to missing laptops and misdirected emails. Our incident response team provides a full spectrum of services – from data breach response, internal investigations and litigation, to policy development and industry-specific compliance and regulatory counseling. Our interdisciplinary approach encompasses all aspects of data and system security, both before and after an incident.
When an incident occurs, we provide comprehensive assistance, including overseeing forensic investigations and crisis management activities, notifications to affected individuals, regulators and payment card issuers, responding to federal and state regulatory inquiries and litigation defense.
Additionally, Polsinelli’s rapid response capability is augmented by the strong working relationships we have with other vitally important professionals that may be needed to respond to a breach, such as forensics, crisis management and public relations services, providers of identity theft protection services and call and mail centers.
Polsinelli attorneys have served a broad range of clients in multiple sectors, including banking and financial services, health care, pharmaceutical, technology, e-commerce, trade associations, for-profit and not-for-profit education, retail, manufacturing, life sciences, food and beverage, accounting, legal and other professional services. Our attorneys also have extensive litigation experience and have represented clients in a broad range of privacy, data security, technology and other cyber-related individual lawsuits and class actions in state and federal courts across the country.