While Polsinelli’s Energy law practice is one of the leading practices of its kind in the Midwest, we have achieved a national presence by representing energy companies, utilities, developers, lenders, and investors in connection with the acquisition, development, finance, and operation of a variety of energy facilities – including oil, gas and electric generating facilities, wind, solar, geothermal, biomass and biofuel renewable energy projects.
Our Energy group includes attorneys with a broad range of interdisciplinary experience and depth of knowledge that allows them to effectively collaborate with clients to achieve their legal objectives. The team also benefits from the valuable perspective of its members who have served previously as in-house counsel and leadership of federal and state regulatory agencies. Our vast experience on real estate, environmental, construction, land use, finance, regulatory, business, tax, construction and litigation issues is an invaluable resource for meeting our clients' unique goals.
Polsinelli has the broad range of experience and depth of knowledge to help clients achieve all these legal objectives. We commonly partner with clients on matters ranging from structuring a business or organization; ensuring that energy development is compliant with industry standards and government regulations; acquiring, permitting, developing, financing, constructing and operating a facility; and protecting an investment in workout and litigation situations.
Our work with energy clients includes:
- Public Utilities – assisting regulated and non-regulated utilities with a broad spectrum of unique legal issues
- Energy Efficiency/Energy Performance Contracting – partnering with energy services companies and host facilities to achieve reductions in load, costs, and emissions
- Oil and Gas – team includes former in-house and outside counsel to a variety of oil and gas companies and regulatory agencies
- Renewable Energy – recognized as a leader in renewable energy and represents developers, owners, utilities, investors, and lenders
- Geothermal – vast experience working on both large and small scale geothermal projects
- Wind – positioned to offer services in the key wind energy regions; presently involved in projects in approximately 15 states
- Solar – providing a full range of regulatory, transactional, commercial, and litigation services to our solar energy clients
- Bioenergy – advising clients on bioenergy matters involving developing, permitting and financing projects in all facets of the bioenergy industry