Alexis Angell is dedicated to providing effective, efficient, and innovative legal solutions. A member of the Health Care Litigation practice, Alexis handles matters which include:
- Representing health care clients in complex commercial litigation cases
- Advising peer review committees on quality of care, conduct, and wellness issues concerning physicians
- Counseling health care entities regarding reports to the National Practitioner Data Bank and state licensing boards
- Advising health care entities about their bylaws, policies, and procedures
- Representing Medical Executive Committees at mediation and peer review hearings
Alexis understands your perspective whether bringing a suit or defending a claim. Prior to joining Polsinelli, Alexis defended major insurance carriers at trial and arbitrations, and developed complex civil recovery actions on behalf of insurance carriers to recoup payments and expose fraudulent billing schemes.
Alexis routinely presents on a variety of topics including the National Practitioner Data Bank, physician and nurse peer review, and Board member duties and responsibilities at client locations throughout the country. Presentations are offered as a client benefit and provide in-house teams the opportunity to hear information relevant to their businesses and industries.
Alexis also presents among her peers, including webinars regarding mediation in peer review and impaired practitioners for the American Health Lawyers Association (AHLA) and before the Dallas Bar Association Health Law Section regarding the heightened protections given to mental health records. AHLA has published Alexis’s articles addressing the updated National Practitioner Data Bank (NPDB) Guidebook in 2015, mediation in peer review in 2016, addressing complaints of sexual harassment through medical staff peer review, and additional updates to the NPDB Guidebook in 2018.