Reece Clark is dedicated to understanding each client’s business model, practices, and objectives to help them protect and profit from their investment in a variety of technologies. Having begun his career in information technology project management, Reece fully understands the triple constraint of scope, schedule, and cost when it comes to effective client representation. In every client engagement, Reece is committed to bringing strong analytical skills, critical problem-solving, and a hands-on, people-focused approach.
Reece supports clients in a variety of industries, including the heavily regulated health care and financial services industries. Reece also works closely with clients in the technology startup and entrepreneurial space, including craft ingredient specialists, software developers, and technology resellers. His practice focuses on:
- Providing counsel on CAN-SPAM, COPPA and other state and federal privacy law compliance issues including privacy shield certification.
- Drafting and negotiating a variety of inbound and outbound licensing agreements, with a focus on data licensing, intellectual property licensing, end user license agreements (EULAs) and master service agreements (MSAs).
- Conducting risk assessments and privacy due diligence for various corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions.
- Helping companies advance efficiencies in delivering insurance, analyzing risk and adjudicating claims in the InsurTech space.
- Counseling on jurisdictional-specific lottery and gaming laws, rules, and regulations.
- Assisting clients in the formation and new business growth stages.
In supporting clients, Reece draws upon his experience in negotiating and documenting information technology transactions, including:
- Software licensing agreements
- Manufacturing and distribution agreements
- Video production and social media influencer agreements
- Information security agreements
- Intellectual property development agreements
- Technology transfers
Reece is a certified Project Management Professional (PMP) from the Project Management Institute. Prior to joining the firm, Reece was a Senior Analyst at the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City where he led multiple information technology development projects for the United States Treasury. Reece is a native Kansan and believes in hard work, honesty, and doing right by the client.