Ross Sallade provides value to clients by tackling the complex legal regulatory, operational, reimbursement and enrollment matters that others might be reluctant to handle. Ross does so by drawing upon specialized knowledge for each matter which enables him to quickly evaluate urgent issues and provide practical recommendations. He also leverages a unique skill set that enables him to identify and work with the right federal and state regulators to pinpoint the heart of the issue and make recommendations to reach appropriate resolution. His previous experience strengthens his ability to provide counsel rooted in an understanding of not only the law, but also how legal issues or regulatory changes can impact clients’ business goals.
Ross works with clients to help them navigate through the myriad of state and federal health care regulatory challenges facing them. He regularly counsels clients to aid in structuring their business transactions and relationships in compliance with federal and state regulations, including change of ownership requirements, as well as federal anti-kickback statute and federal physician self-referral (or “Stark”) laws.
Ross advises clients regularly on a variety of matters, including:
- Medicare and Medicaid (and other federal and state payor programs) enrollment
- State licensure
- Medicare and Medicaid compliance
- Provider and supplier reimbursement in both the Medicare and Medicaid programs
- Healthcare operational matters
- Diligence support in connection with M&A and Finance transactions
- Professional service and management service agreements, including “controlled professional corporations”
- Fraud and abuse
Ross’s practice focuses on a variety of healthcare provider and supplier types, including, but not limited to:
- Hospitals, including provider based departments
- Hospice and home health agencies
- DME suppliers
- Imaging providers
- Ambulatory surgery centers
Ross Sallade applies his in-depth industry knowledge to highlight potential risk exposure and propose alternative resolutions that address clients’ core concerns, as well as a business-focused approach for each transaction to meet the clients’ expectations.