CLICK HERE to check out some of our innovative Food, Beverage and Consumer Product clients.
Assisting entrepreneurs and the early stage investors who back them give our Venture Capital practice a multi-dimensional perspective of startup and mature business venture capital financing. We share our clients’ passion and commitment to pursuing the next great idea and we aim to help them overcome challenges as they turn their innovation into a viable and successful business.
We regularly counsel entrepreneurs and capital investors in connection with angel, seed, and later stage transactions involving venture capital. Working collaboratively with our Venture Capital practice, Corporate, Tax, and Intellectual Property attorneys assist venture capital funds, start-up organizations, and angel investors, create investor-business relationships that are mutually beneficial and allocate risk appropriately.
Representing emerging growth companies across industries, we proactively help our clients identify issues that may arise and introduce and carry out creative solutions that help clients avoid potential hurdles. We not only recognize the financing issues new and growing organizations face, but we also understand the entire gamut of matters they may face when building the businesses in which they invest, own, and operate. As such, our advice and guidance is tailored towards advancing our clients business objectives as well as their investment goals.
Our specialized attorneys’ provide advice and guidance to investors and new and growth organizations, including:
- Preparing and negotiating term sheets and the definitive agreements necessary to consummate the Series Preferred investment
- Preparing private offering documents for investment into the venture fund
- Assisting with the intellectual property and technology investigation and due diligence of the portfolio company
- Compliance with federal and state securities laws and investment advisory laws
- Structuring and negotiating equity incentives and other incentives for management teams and other employees
- Tax Structuring
- Patent, Trademark and intellectual property matters
- Exit strategy preparation, negotiation and implementation
- Fund formation, including (i) choice of entity, capital structure and taxation and securities law implications, and (ii) the preparation of partnership and limited liability company agreements